Questions Unable to connect with account names
I just installed Velixo and connected to a database and I am unsuccessful at pulling account information. I get a message that says Account '###' not found. It is very strange that I could pull the branch name easy enough but not the account name. I have included a snapshot. Does anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong? BTW I confirmed the account is the COA
I just tried on my local demo environment which uses Acumatica build 17.207.0029.
This is what the Profit & Loss looks like inside of my Acumatica, built using the ARM Financial Report Writer. I'm focused on the highlighted account and amount.
I used Velixo Reports to retrieve this data in Excel and used "R" for my connection name just like you are doing.
First I used the ACCOUNTTURNOVER function and got this result:
Next, I used the ACCOUNTNAME function like you are using and got this result:
So it seems to be working for me.
A couple of questions for you though. Both are related to the Segmented Keys (CS202000) screen pictured below.
First question, do you have more than one segment listed for the Segmented Key ID of ACCOUNT? You would see multiple rows on the bottom of the screenshot above. In my screenshot, there is only one segment.
Second question, (assuming that you do only have one segment listed) what value is in the Length column highlighted in the screenshot above?
I'm with Tim. Please post a screen snip of the segment key definition for your account number along with a snip of you chart of accounts with the account number included. That might help identify the source of the disconnect.
Your formula looks valid and row 4 indicates that the connection is working. Therefore I have to conclude that the challenge is in the translation of the actual account number.
Well it appears that my segment is set to 10 for a 5 digit account code. As long as it is text and I put 5 spaces in front of the code I am good. I will have to check with and make sure I can change the segment to just 5 digits without blowing anything up. Thanks for your help!!!
Bingo! Glad that solved it 👍
As a related question, I can now reference the account (thanks to the above posts), but doesn't seem to return the expected turnover result. Please see following. Thanks for any suggestions.
Your formula looks correct to me. You are sure that you have posted transactions to that GL Account in 2018?
I don't think this would make a difference, but try including the Branch filter as well and see if that gives you a number.
I am the creator of Velixo Reports for Acumatica. If you want to e-mail me your spreadsheet as well as a test login/password I will gladly take a look and figure out why you're not getting the expected turnover result. My e-mail is gabriel at velixo.com.
Regarding your earlier issue with the account segment being longer than the actual account number, that shouldn't be an issue with the current version of Velixo Reports however I'd also like to confirm that - it's a common configuration issue and I want to make sure people can still create their reports easily in all cases.
Thanks to Gabriel for the support. An updated version of velixo needed to be installed and the local cache had to be deleted. Working now.