Questions Error! An item with the same key has already been added.
One of my customers opened one of their Velixo Reports Excel files today and all of the formulas said that they couldn't find the connection. Checking the Connection Manager button on the Acumatica ribbon, the connection appeared to be there.
So I tried clicking into a formula and pressing enter. The formula that I clicked into looks like this:
The formula came back with this error message:
Error! An item with the same key has already been added.
I then tried clicking the Refresh All button.
The status message in the lower left-hand corner of Excel quickly went through the Generic Inquiries like it always does, but then it got stuck on this one:
That's strange though because there aren't many branches in this Acumatica database. It seems like it's getting hung up somehow on this Velixo-Reports-Branches generic inquiry.
The good thing is that the formula is no longer displaying the error about not being able to find the connection. But this new error is even more mysterious. The only thing I can think is that it can't find the Velixo-Reports-Branches generic inquiry and keeps trying to create it. But I confirmed that it does indeed exist in the Generic Inquiry screen in Acumatica.
Any ideas as to what could be causing this error message?
Please e-mail me your spreadsheet + credentials I can use to test it. I'll take a look!
Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce the problem on my machine. On my customer's machine, we just saved to a new Excel file and moved on.
But I sent you the Excel file just in case you can figure something out.
The file looks ok to me and I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. If it comes up again let me know!
I'll keep an eye on it. Will let you know if it happens again.
Ok, it happened again, but I figured out what causes it. It's happening when we change the Company from the Test company to the Production company.
Since I can't reproduce the problem on my machine and since you couldn't find a problem with the file, it must be a problem on the local machine.
So I deleted the connection file for the Test company which is located in the C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Velixo\Velixo Reports folder and that solved the problem.