Modified Wikis Protected during an Upgrade?
If you've ever wondered whether Wikis that you modify in Acumatica are protected during an upgrade, the answer is "yes".
I did the following test:
1. Checked the Wiki Help article for the Sales Orders (SO301000) screen in a 2019 R2 environment and noted that it looks like this:
2. Checked the Wiki Help article for the Sales Orders (SO301000) screen in a 2017 R2 environment and noted that it looks like this:
Note that the previous two screenshots look different. There are additional links in the gray area of the 2019 R2 environment (eg. Process Order Dialog Box) because more functionality has been introduced into the screen since 2017 R2.
3. Now let's add a sentence to the Wiki Help article in the 2017 R2 environment:
4. Then I ran the upgrade process to upgrade the 2017 R2 environment to 2019 R2.
After doing that, you can see that the new 2019 R2 environment kept the original Wiki Help article:
Some additional considerations:
1. It's great that it kept my edits, but keep in mind that I don't get the benefit of the additional changes made to the Wiki Help article regarding new functionality. It's all or nothing. If you make an edit to a Wiki Help article, then you are essentially freezing that Wiki Help article in time.
2. When you do an upgrade, you always want to have a backup of the old environment. With Acumatica SaaS, they take care of this for you. You get a sandbox with the upgraded environment so you can verify that the upgrade did not wipe out your Wiki Help article edits.