External File storage in Acumatica SaaS environment
I am curious what alternatives others are taking now that External File Storage for AWS is no longer an option for Acumatica SaaS environments. Can others on this forum recommend what they are using moving forward? I tried Box.com but this still requires the "External Storage" page in Acumatica and this page no longer exists on 2020R1 or greater.
The following was informed by Acumatica from the Pricing FAQs site:
Can I purchase media storage for Acumatica SaaS?
No. All Acumatica storage for SaaS deployments is allocated to the database. By implementing SaaS storage in the database we can:
- Avoid potential data corruption issues associated with external storage solutions.
- Prevent snapshots and sandbox environments from causing data inconsistencies. This can happen because snapshots and sandbox environments will likely point to the production storage area.
- Provide SLAs and meet data recovery timeframes. With external storage we cannot provide these guarantees.
- Protect information which may include sensitive data such as invoices and customer related files. External storage may allow direct connections which do not go through Acumatica security.
- Meet GDPR requirements of data privacy.
Private cloud deployments can implement external media storage for file attachments if the risks above are acceptable.