Subreport Not Displaying
I am creating a report that has a subreport added to the groupheadersection3 however the subreport does not display. I have tested this via the preview screen in the report designer and inside an Acumatica environment with both reports uploaded and it still displays blank for where the subreport should display. The main report however still prints. It just leaves the area set for the subreport blank. Any ideas why this would happen?
When that happens for me, it's usually an issue with my parameters that are feeding from the main report to the subreport (usually something like the main report is feeding ProjectCD and the subreport is looking for ProjectID). Because the subreport isn't getting any valid information, it has nothing to print.
Besides the above suggestion, you might try adding some hard coded text. Run your program and see if your text appears. If it doesn't try adding it to a different area./section in the sub program. While figuring this out try reduce or eliminate what you were trying to display. In the main program where the subprogram is called try to define a larger area for your testing. I have found subprograms to be quirky. Hope this helps. Matt
I would also use caution on sub-reports if the user is ultimately taking the report to Excel. There is a known issue of dropped records in the sub-report once rendered in Excel. Its not even the first or last record, just something in the middle is missing.