Last week we built a very simple dashboard in Excel by connecting Acumatica data to Excel using OData.
This week I have been super busy so I wasn’t able to put together a video post.
However, I did find a couple of helpful links that demonstrate the power of Microsoft Excel Dashboards in Acumatica ERP:
- A professional looking Infographic that helps you to pick the right visualization tool in Excel for your specific scenario
- Chandoo has a very informative page on Excel Dashboards
Also, here are a couple of short videos that do a good job of showing what is possible when designing dashboards in Excel.
If you want to take it a step further, Datazen is a cool dashboard application that sits on top of Excel.
Here is some info about Datazen:
- You can make all your calculations in Excel using the new Power Query and Power Pivot features that Microsoft recently added
- You can then publish Excel to the web-based Datazen application
- Then you can design a dashboard based on your Excel data
- Click here for a more detailed overview of Datazen
- Datazen is free for Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Edition customers