Kit Assembly of Inactive Inventory ID
We were allowed to add an inactive Inventory ID to a Kit Assembly today. On top of that, I can't even find the Kit Specification for the inactive Inventory ID. Does anyone know where that Kit Assembly/Inventory ID Field search is pointed to? Is there another setting that I'm missing? It just doesn't make sense to me. I think we shouldn't even be able to select it as an option in a Kit Assembly. Let me know your thoughts!
What version are you running? I just tried in 18.206.0011 and I'm not able to see the Inactive item when I use the Kit Inventory ID lookup field on the Kit Specifications (IN209500) screen.
Yet, like you, I'm able to see the item when I use the Inventory ID lookup field on the Kit Assembly (IN307000) screen. The main difference for me is that I get the following error when I try to select the Inactive item in the Lookup:
Error: An error occurred during processing of the field Inventory ID value ELECOMP1 IN Error: The inventory item is Inactive.
I'm running version 18.204.0013. I don't get that error message until I try to release the Kit Assembly. We ran into this problem because we have two parts that are similar in name and we chose the wrong one. We recently upgraded to this version so I just wanted to check to see if it's a thing with everyone's Acumatica or if it was just us. We don't remember being able to select an inactive part in our previous version. I don't know why they would have changed it though.
Hmmm, I just checked the release notes between our versions and didn't see anything. I wonder if you'd get the same behavior if you move to the same build as me (I know, that's often not a quick thing to do).