In order to allow me to focus on Consulting (click here) and Courses (click here), I continue to review all posts here in the Forums, but, in general, I'm only personally responding to posts that I mark as #AcumaticaTnT (click here). For Questions (click here), others may respond, or you can post over at Community.Acumatica.com (click here).
Questions Velixo: An error occurred while refreshing data from ******. The data that was previously cached will be used.
Has anyone this error before? And, have they worked out what causes it/how to fix it?
I had a GI and it worked one day and started erroring with the above the next.
I renamed it. Same issue. Checked connections. Checked security. Checked using Odata direct, not via Velixo. etc etc etc
I eventually started rebuilding it. I had ARRegister linked to ARInvoice and it was fine. I added ARAdjust linked to ARRegister and got this error, before even adding any fields into Results.
It has been resolved, with the help of numerous people/time.
I am just wondering if anyone has encountered it before and has a clear/simple explanation of what the issue is.
This is an issue that we have reported to Acumatica in the past (Acumatica case #147464); you can see a similar error if you use a web browser to retrieve the inquiry using OData. I just followed up with Acumatica regarding the issue since it is not resolved as of today.
We have published an article on the Velixo website to explain the issue and provide troubleshooting steps: https://support.velixo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049072011-Error-Unable-to-read-data-from-the-transport-connection-The-connection-was-closed
The problem is usually caused by a specific column in the inquiry, usually a formula/calculated column, or a column with a schema field different than the original field. Unfortunately, no error message is provided (Acumatica simply crashes while processing the inquiry), so to troubleshoot you have to disable columns one by one until you identify the culprit. In the Resolution section of the article you will see a step-by-step process which should hopefully be simpler than having to recreate the inquiry if you ever run into this issue again.