Default Purchase Order Unit Cost - Last Vendor Price - Stock Items
When you add a Stock Item to a Purchase Order Line in Acumatica, there may be a default Unit Cost that gets populated automatically. There are several places where this might come from.
Acumatica looks for a Unit Cost in the following order, stopping at the first one it can find.
0. Note that if Acumatica can't find a default Unit Cost, you will get the following message:
Unit cost has been set to zero because no effective unit cost was found.
1. An applicable value from the Vendor Prices (AP202000) screen according to the hierarchy defined there.
2. The Last Vendor Price field from the VENDOR DETAILS tab on the Stock Items (IN202500) screen if there is a matching Vendor for the specific Vendor on your Purchase Order:
Note that how this field gets updated depends on the option you selected in the Vendor Price Update field on the PRICE/DISCOUNT SETTINGS tab on the Accounts Payable Preferences (AP101000) screen:
3. The Last Cost field from the COST STATISTICS section on the PRICE/COST INFORMATION tab on the Item Warehouse Details (IN204500) screen:
4. The Last Cost field from the COST STATISTICS section on the PRICE/COST INFO tab on the Stock Items (IN202500) screen:
All of this is covered in more detail on the bottom of this Acumatica help article, including a nice overview graphic:
Announcing AUG Courses - Click here for more info