This is what it takes to be an AUG All-Star:
1. Login with your free AUGForums.com account.
2. Start posting. Create new Discussion Topics or respond to existing Topics.
3. If you post over 300 words in a month, you are an AUG All-Star for that month!
AUG All-Star Designation
You can spot an AUG All-Star by the ★★ All-Star ★★ designation under their username next to a post:
The AUG All-Star designation will appear under a username as soon as that person reaches 300 words in a month and the designation will continue to appear for the entire next month.
So, if you reach 300 words on December 15th, the AUG All-Star designation will appear under your username from December 16th until January 31st.
Of course, if you post at least 300 words in January, then you keep the designation for another month and the process continues.
Note: The “magic computer stuff” that makes the AUG All-Star designation appear happens at 6:00am UTC every night so you have to wait until the day after you hit 300 words to see the AUG All-Star designation appear.
The goal with AUG All-Star is to encourage people to continue posting in the AUG Forums here at AUGForums.com on a regular basis.
The AUG All-Star designation is not a “destination”, a thing that you achieve and then forget about.
The AUG All-Star designation is an “ongoing process”, meant to help motivate people who are serious about continuing to learn something new about Acumatica every month.
What to post about?
You can start a new Discussion Topic related to something that you learned in Acumatica. You might write a comprehensive Post showing how to do something and hit your 300 words in one Post.
Or you might start multiple new Discussion Topics to jot down some quick notes about different things in different areas. Others can help to complete your notes by responding with their own notes.
Or you can respond to existing Discussion Topics. There is a certain satisfaction that comes with helping others by responding to their questions.
It doesn’t matter how many Posts you make.
What counts is the total Word Count in a month, regardless of the number of Posts.
The “Unseen List”
Some people (like me) don’t want to miss any of the Discussion Topics here on AUG Forums.
If you’d like to use the method that I use to ensure that you “see” every Discussion Topic, read on because I’m going to share my method with you.
The “Unseen List” is the list of Discussion Topics that contain at least one Post that you haven’t “seen” yet. It might be a new Discussion Topic, or it might be an old Discussion Topic that someone recently added a new Post to.
To make a Discussion Topic drop off of the “Unseen List”, you have to do either one of these things:
1. Add a new Post to the Discussion Topic. If the most recent Post on a Discussion Topic is from you, then the Discussion Topic will drop off of the “Unseen List”.
2. “Like” the most recent Post on the Discussion Topic. The idea here is that you don’t have anything to contribute to the Discussion Topic so you “like” the most recent Post to indicate your agreement with the last thing that was said. This will also cause the Discussion Topic to drop off of the “Unseen List”.
Access the “Unseen List” using this link:
1. Username: Replace “timrodman” in the link above with your own username. You can find your Username (and even change your Username to something else) by going to your Account page (click here).
2. Bookmark the link in your browser for easy access.
3. Bookmark the link in your phone browser too. It’s easy to go through posts and “like” them (if you have nothing to add) from your phone.
4 . UTCOffset: I have this set to -5 for Eastern Standard Time in the United States. You can set this to your UTC Time Zone.
5. PostCreatedSince: I have this set to 20101231 (December 31, 2010) which is basically the beginning of time for AUG Forums since it’s before the first Post in 2017. But you probably don’t want to “see” every Post since the beginning of time so you can set this to whatever date you want and only “see” Posts created since that date.
AUG All-Star Historical List
The AUG All-Star designation only appears under a username next to a Post (see screenshot above) for the current month and the next month after that person hits 300 words in a month.
But I thought it would be nice to display the historical list here to acknowledge anyone who has ever been an AUG All-Star in the past. It’s kind of like a hall of fame list.
In the historical list below there are two statistics that are displayed:
1. Word Count: This is the only criteria for making the list. You need at least 300 words in a month to make the list.
2. Posts: Even though this is not a factor in making the list, I thought it would be interesting to see how many Posts each AUG All-Star made each month. So Posts are displayed for informational reasons.
Note: You can click on a user’s Display Name in the list below to see their most recent Posts.
|Month||Word Count||Posts||Display Name|