In order to create your free AUG Forums account, you need to login with a Facebook, Google, or LinkedIn account.
There are advantages to requiring a social media account:
- Reduces the number of random SPAMMY users that get created by dark places on the internet. Trust me, it’s a headache keeping them away.
- Automatically populates your Display Name and Username with your real name and grabs your Avatar (picture) from the social media account that you logged in with. You can change all three of these things (if you want) by going to My Info -> My Account (click here).
- No need to remember a Username/Password.
But if you prefer to login with a Username/Password, you can do that by following these steps:
1. Make sure you are logged out of AUG Forums.
If you aren’t logged out, you can use the My Info -> Logout button:
2. Click the Login button
3. Scroll to the very bottom and click the Lost your password? link here:
4. Enter your email address that is displayed in the Email field on the My Info -> My Account (click here) page and click the Get New Password button:
5. You will receive an email (if not check your SPAM folder) that looks like this. Click the link on the bottom to set your password:
Now you can use the Login button (click here) to login with either your Username or Email and your Password.