Inter-Branch Transaction Error
We just made a new updates for our instance from 19.104.0024 to 19.109.0021 with the purpose of fixing the Chrome incompatibility issue.
Since then, I got the error stating "The application cannot be released because the documents are related to different branches and the Inter-Branch Transaction feature is disabled"
And I was told I could only get it fixed by purchasing the "Inter-Company" new feature that is including this "Inter-Branch" enable feature.
But I don't agree as I don't encounter this error before the latest updates. And upon my study of the manual, I found out the following for setting the Company and Branches under (CS101500)
- Without Branches: A company with this type cannot have any branches. If the Multi-Branch Support feature is not enabled on the Enable/Disable Features (CS100000) form, this option is selected by default and cannot be changed.
- With Branches Not Requiring Balancing: A company with this type must have at least one branch. If multiple branches of the company are involved in a transaction, balancing entries are not required. This option is available if the Multi-Branch Support feature is enabled on the Enable/Disable Features form.
- With Branches Requiring Balancing: A company with this type must have at least one branch. If multiple branches of the company are involved in a transaction, balancing entries are required. This option is available if the Multi-Branch Support and Inter-Branch Transactions features are enabled on the Enable/Disable Features form.
And since we setup our company with the above 2nd option of "With Branches Not Requiring Balancing", we should not need that "Inter-Branch Tranasction" feature that is stated on the above option 3. ( I highlighted those veribage)
So is anyone encounter the same issue we do?
I am not sure is it because I insisted to Acumatica support team that is the issue after their last release, now they finally acknowledge that is the known issue. Now the Acumatica support told us that the fix will be issued to their next updates/release, in the meantime, they sent us the patch to fix the issue.
We installed the patch last night, and now this "inter-branch" error is fixed!!! I am so relief!!
Thanks for sharing the resolution to this. Glad to hear that it was fixed with an update.
After going through this experience, I'm curious to get your take on my "people will trust Minor Updates enough to apply them with minimal testing" theory mentioned in this article:
Announcing AUG Courses - Click here for more info