Landed Cost Variance on Projects
I am looking to solve an issue. Currently we are utilizing SOs and the built in SO invoices to bill inventory related projects. Just as an example we sell a customer inventory & the installation service (imagine a plumber comes to your house). The problem is that our inventory comes from the US and has associated landed costs (freight, customs, duty, etc.) We are lucky Acumatica has already thought of this and so the workflow is something like this:
1) SO Created with Inventory items (copied from a quote) and coded to the project people will be billing their time to for project costing
2) PO Created for any inventory we need to order into Canada
3) Time passes, inventory arrives along with a bill from our vendor - includes the freight and inventory costs - PO receipt created, landed cost for that inventory created THROUGH the PO receipt
4) We perform the installation for our customer, create the invoice through the SO and code it to the project, whoever did the installation codes their time to that same project for costing, and we send the invoice with labour added on the SO invoice to the customer
5) We next receive our bill from the Customs broker and add that landed cost onto the same PO receipt
6) We receive payment from our customer and pay all of our bills
Through this process the inventory issues/adjustments are released and so the appropriate actions in Acu take place. The issue we run in to is that at the end of a project we have:
A negative liability ($350 USD = 483.35 CAD, $100 CAD) for the landed costs. The regular inventory issues clear out the inventory liability from the project, but these landed costs stay as negative liabilities against the project even though they have been paid by us to our vendors. I've pin pointed the issue to how these landed costs are getting coded - to the non-project code - vs. regular inventory processes which code themselves to the project (as expected).
So at the end of the day we end up with a COGS in the right account, but coded to the wrong project and Accrued Purchases isn't being cleared that creates the negative liability. Is this functioning "as intended" or do I have a setting wonky somewhere?
I can fix the COGS by just doing a GL entry to move the COGS from non-project to the project, but the AP Trade account cannot be touched as it is only editable via a bill.
What about removing the PO Accrual GL Account from an Account Group so it won't get hit on the Project?