Disassembly not defaulting the components default location for the warehouse
I just had this issue, not sure if I have missed out any settings. The scenario goes like this.
1. I have 2 warehouses - main warehouse and manufacturing warehouse
2. I have set default locations (default receipt and issue location ) for both warehouses - at item warehouse details.
3. Go to Kit assembly : select type = disassembly, select item code, select warehouse = manufacturing , enter quantity
The system doesn't default the locations for my component items, even though the default location has been setup for the manufacturing warehouse, for each component.
4. If I change the warehouse = Main, the system is able to default the location for the components .
Then, I went on to do a transfer to test if the system recognises the default location in the manufacturing warehouse.
5. Transfer same component from warehouse Main to warehouse manufacturing , and YES, the system defaulted the location setup for the respective warhouses.
Why is it not able to pick up the default location for the components when doing an assembly or disassembly? I have checked all the settings between the 2 warehouses and they appear to be the same.
I would appreciate any help. Thank you.